Itinerary of India`s SA tour to be reworked: Dalmiya
Kolkata: The itinerary of India`s tour of South Africa beginning November is being reworked, BCCI interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya said here today.
Dalmiya said the gaps between some matches in the itinerary were not sufficient and hence would be reworked.
"The gaps between the Tests need to be looked into and there are a few more things that need to be rectified," Dalmiya said.
He said the cricket Boards of the two countries would sort out the itinerary and the media should not make an issue out of it.
"There was a bit of misunderstanding in the morning. We have informed this to our South African counterparts and the two Boards are sorting it out amicably. We don`t want to make an issue about it."
The BCCI reportedly objected to the tour schedule, saying it was prepared by Cricket South Africa without the BCCI`s consent.
As per the CSA release, the series at the moment comprises two Twenty20 Internationals, seven ODIs followed by three Tests concluding on January 19.
The tour programme is, however, yet to be finalised.
On the issue of the spat between Ravindra Jadeja and Suresh Raina in the ongoing Tri-nation series in the West Indies, Dalmiya said, "The matter is over now. The players have already apologised to the team management after being asked to behave properly on the field."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- New violence as Paris police break up youth protest
- China, Russia rap US missile defence plan in S Korea
- WATCH: Dance-off! Hardik Pandya vs Virat Kohli and Chris Gayle - Who did it better?
- Indian's body to be brought back from Saudi tomorrow: HC told
- Talks important to end hostility between India, Pakistan; Muslim nations worst victims of terrorism: Mehbooba Mufti