Jacques Kallis is one of greatest all-rounders in cricket history: ICC
Dubai: In a rich tribute to Jaques Kallis, ICC Chief Executive David Richardson today said the legendary South African all-rounder will be remembered for his consistency with both bat and ball in all formats of the game.
Kallis yesterday announced his retirement, prompted by a poor run in the series against Sri Lanka, where he could manage only five runs in three ODI innings.
"Jacques Kallis will go down as one of the greatest all-round cricketers in the history of the game.
Since making his international debut at the age of 20, he has been a mainstay of the South African line-up in all forms of the game," Richardson, said in a statement.
During his illustrious career, spanning nearly two decades, Kallis played a total of 519 internationals in which he scored 25,534 runs with 62 centuries and took 577 wickets, besides 338 catches.
"To maintain such a high level of form and fitness in international cricket, is an incredible feat and should be an inspiration for younger generation of cricketers aspiring to be bracketed in the league of legends of the sport.
"Jacques played the game in a highly competitive manner and he can look back on his career with great pride. We wish Jacques and his family well with the next exciting phase of their lives," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional