‘Jacques Kallis is the best cricketer the world has ever seen’
Sydney: Australian coach Mickey Arthur has hailed South African all-rounder Jacques Kallis as the world`s best ever cricketer, rating him second only to cricket legend Sir Donald Bradman.
Arthur has coached Kallis for five years with the South Africa team.
“In my opinion he is the best cricketer the world has ever seen - outside of Don Bradman. Just look at his statistics. Don Bradman excluded, he is way above the rest of his era, and probably in any era,” a website quoted Arthur, as saying.
According to the report, Arthur`s assertion is backed up by the numbers in Kallis`s career: 12,641 Test runs at 56.94 and 280 wickets at 32.63.
He said that Kallis could be compared to a well-blended mix of cricket greats Ricky Ponting and Brett Lee.
"With Kallis, we always said you got two great players in one. Can you imagine putting Ricky Ponting and Brett Lee into the one player? That is the sort of thing you get with Jacques,” Arthur said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed