`Terribly sad` Steyn says became `tearful` following `close pal` Kallis` retirement news
Johannesburg: South African fast bowler Dale Steyn has revealed that he almost had a `tear in his eye` when he realised that his teammate Jacques Kallis was being serious on the subject of his retirement from the longest form of the game.
Steyn had returned figures of 6/100 to help dismiss India for 334 in the second and final Test at Kingsmead on Friday in what would be the last match in the purest format of the game for Kallis.
According to Sport24, Steyn said that he is quite close with Kallis and as such, is used to the all-rounder joking with things like that, adding that although he always knew in his heart that Kallis would retire, he was `terribly sad` when the actual announcement was made.
Steyn said the Test had taken on a very different atmosphere following Kallis` decision, saying that Test star is more talkative than he was in the past, adding that he believes that Kallis is just enjoying his last moments of being in the dressing room wearing the whites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt