`Terribly sad` Steyn says became `tearful` following `close pal` Kallis` retirement news
Johannesburg: South African fast bowler Dale Steyn has revealed that he almost had a `tear in his eye` when he realised that his teammate Jacques Kallis was being serious on the subject of his retirement from the longest form of the game.
Steyn had returned figures of 6/100 to help dismiss India for 334 in the second and final Test at Kingsmead on Friday in what would be the last match in the purest format of the game for Kallis.
According to Sport24, Steyn said that he is quite close with Kallis and as such, is used to the all-rounder joking with things like that, adding that although he always knew in his heart that Kallis would retire, he was `terribly sad` when the actual announcement was made.
Steyn said the Test had taken on a very different atmosphere following Kallis` decision, saying that Test star is more talkative than he was in the past, adding that he believes that Kallis is just enjoying his last moments of being in the dressing room wearing the whites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof