`Terribly sad` Steyn says became `tearful` following `close pal` Kallis` retirement news
Johannesburg: South African fast bowler Dale Steyn has revealed that he almost had a `tear in his eye` when he realised that his teammate Jacques Kallis was being serious on the subject of his retirement from the longest form of the game.
Steyn had returned figures of 6/100 to help dismiss India for 334 in the second and final Test at Kingsmead on Friday in what would be the last match in the purest format of the game for Kallis.
According to Sport24, Steyn said that he is quite close with Kallis and as such, is used to the all-rounder joking with things like that, adding that although he always knew in his heart that Kallis would retire, he was `terribly sad` when the actual announcement was made.
Steyn said the Test had taken on a very different atmosphere following Kallis` decision, saying that Test star is more talkative than he was in the past, adding that he believes that Kallis is just enjoying his last moments of being in the dressing room wearing the whites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet