Boucher urges people to respect Kallis` decision to retire
Johannesburg: Former South African wicketkeeper Mark Boucher said that retired all-rounder Jacques Kallis is `probably the best cricketer that has ever lived in the country` and urged people to respect the player`s decision to end Test career.
Kallis` Test career came to an end on Monday after the conclusion of the final Test against India in Durban, which the hosts won by ten wickets.
According to Sport24, Boucher said that although South Africa is losing the greatest cricketer that has ever lived in the country, he admitted that it is better that Kallis left the longest format of the game as he had began questioning himself mentally and had also begun to lose enthusiasm for the game.
Stating that Kallis` decision to stop now should be respected, Boucher further said that he does not think there is any cricketer in the world who had the workload of Kallis, adding that the player deserves his time off to do things at home as he made a lot of sacrifices throughout his career.
Kallis will continue playing one-day cricket for South Africa and hopes to play in the 2015 World Cup in Australia and New Zealand, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’