Boucher urges people to respect Kallis` decision to retire
Johannesburg: Former South African wicketkeeper Mark Boucher said that retired all-rounder Jacques Kallis is `probably the best cricketer that has ever lived in the country` and urged people to respect the player`s decision to end Test career.
Kallis` Test career came to an end on Monday after the conclusion of the final Test against India in Durban, which the hosts won by ten wickets.
According to Sport24, Boucher said that although South Africa is losing the greatest cricketer that has ever lived in the country, he admitted that it is better that Kallis left the longest format of the game as he had began questioning himself mentally and had also begun to lose enthusiasm for the game.
Stating that Kallis` decision to stop now should be respected, Boucher further said that he does not think there is any cricketer in the world who had the workload of Kallis, adding that the player deserves his time off to do things at home as he made a lot of sacrifices throughout his career.
Kallis will continue playing one-day cricket for South Africa and hopes to play in the 2015 World Cup in Australia and New Zealand, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari