Boucher urges people to respect Kallis` decision to retire
Johannesburg: Former South African wicketkeeper Mark Boucher said that retired all-rounder Jacques Kallis is `probably the best cricketer that has ever lived in the country` and urged people to respect the player`s decision to end Test career.
Kallis` Test career came to an end on Monday after the conclusion of the final Test against India in Durban, which the hosts won by ten wickets.
According to Sport24, Boucher said that although South Africa is losing the greatest cricketer that has ever lived in the country, he admitted that it is better that Kallis left the longest format of the game as he had began questioning himself mentally and had also begun to lose enthusiasm for the game.
Stating that Kallis` decision to stop now should be respected, Boucher further said that he does not think there is any cricketer in the world who had the workload of Kallis, adding that the player deserves his time off to do things at home as he made a lot of sacrifices throughout his career.
Kallis will continue playing one-day cricket for South Africa and hopes to play in the 2015 World Cup in Australia and New Zealand, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves