India vs South Africa: Jacques Kallis scores century, breaks records in swansong Test
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
Durban: Arguably, one of the greatest all-rounders the game has ever seen, Jacques Kallis in his swansong Test has scored his 45th Test century.
With this century, he has become only the fourth South African to score a century in his last Test match. He joins the elite company of Barry Richards, PGV van der Bijl and BL Irvine.
His 45th century is next only to master blaster Sachin Tendulkar's 51 Test centuries. This is his 7th century against India. He scored 100 runs off 273 balls. Also, among those players who have played more than 100 Test matchs, Kallis is the first to end his career with a century.
Kallis has also overtaken Rahul Dravid as the third-highest Test scorer with 13289 runs.
The legendary all-rounder announced his decision to retire from Test cricket, before the start of the second Test between India and South Africa. Interestingly, Kallis chose to end his career at Kingsmead, Durban, the same place where he began his career 18 years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok