Kallis slips down to No.2 in ICC all-rounder rankings
Johannesburg: South African star Jacques Kallis has been demoted from his position as the world`s leading all-rounder following his batting failure in the first Test against Pakistan in Abu Dhabi, according to the latest ICC rankings.
According to Sport24, Kallis, who scored five and a duck in his two innings in South Africa`s seven-wicket defeat on Thursday, has come down to No.2 in the rankings, behind Bangladesh`s Shakib Al Hasan.
The report mentioned that Kallis` bowling figures in Pakistan`s first innings were 13-2-44-0, adding that he did not bowl in Pakistan`s second innings where the sub-continent team chased down the required 40 runs for victory for the loss of three wickets.
According to the rankings, Al Hasan is leading the list, followed by Kallis at No.2, India`s Ravichandran Ashwin (No.3), South African Vernon Philander at No.4 and England player Stuart Broad at No.5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat