Kallis slips down to No.2 in ICC all-rounder rankings
Johannesburg: South African star Jacques Kallis has been demoted from his position as the world`s leading all-rounder following his batting failure in the first Test against Pakistan in Abu Dhabi, according to the latest ICC rankings.
According to Sport24, Kallis, who scored five and a duck in his two innings in South Africa`s seven-wicket defeat on Thursday, has come down to No.2 in the rankings, behind Bangladesh`s Shakib Al Hasan.
The report mentioned that Kallis` bowling figures in Pakistan`s first innings were 13-2-44-0, adding that he did not bowl in Pakistan`s second innings where the sub-continent team chased down the required 40 runs for victory for the loss of three wickets.
According to the rankings, Al Hasan is leading the list, followed by Kallis at No.2, India`s Ravichandran Ashwin (No.3), South African Vernon Philander at No.4 and England player Stuart Broad at No.5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report