Kallis thanks his fans
New Delhi: South African cricketer Jacques Kallis Tuesday thanked his fans for wishing him the best in his final Test which concluded against India in Durban Monday.
The 38-year-old called time on his 18-year-long Test career, scoring 115 in his final innings to help his team seal the two-match series 1-0.
"Thank you to the people of Durban and all who made it to Kingsmead to make my last day in whites a special one. Fairytale ending. And once again a big thank you to everyone for all the messages. Blown away with all the love," Kallis tweeted.
Kallis surpassed Rahul Dravid (13,288) as the third highest run-getter in Tests with 13,289 runs from 166 Tests and is only behind Tendulkar (15,921) and Ricky Ponting (13,378).
He ended his career with a superb batting average of 55.37 with 45 centuries and also clinched 292 wickets and grabbed 200 catches for the Proteas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India