Kallis thanks his fans
New Delhi: South African cricketer Jacques Kallis Tuesday thanked his fans for wishing him the best in his final Test which concluded against India in Durban Monday.
The 38-year-old called time on his 18-year-long Test career, scoring 115 in his final innings to help his team seal the two-match series 1-0.
"Thank you to the people of Durban and all who made it to Kingsmead to make my last day in whites a special one. Fairytale ending. And once again a big thank you to everyone for all the messages. Blown away with all the love," Kallis tweeted.
Kallis surpassed Rahul Dravid (13,288) as the third highest run-getter in Tests with 13,289 runs from 166 Tests and is only behind Tendulkar (15,921) and Ricky Ponting (13,378).
He ended his career with a superb batting average of 55.37 with 45 centuries and also clinched 292 wickets and grabbed 200 catches for the Proteas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey