Kallis thanks his fans
New Delhi: South African cricketer Jacques Kallis Tuesday thanked his fans for wishing him the best in his final Test which concluded against India in Durban Monday.
The 38-year-old called time on his 18-year-long Test career, scoring 115 in his final innings to help his team seal the two-match series 1-0.
"Thank you to the people of Durban and all who made it to Kingsmead to make my last day in whites a special one. Fairytale ending. And once again a big thank you to everyone for all the messages. Blown away with all the love," Kallis tweeted.
Kallis surpassed Rahul Dravid (13,288) as the third highest run-getter in Tests with 13,289 runs from 166 Tests and is only behind Tendulkar (15,921) and Ricky Ponting (13,378).
He ended his career with a superb batting average of 55.37 with 45 centuries and also clinched 292 wickets and grabbed 200 catches for the Proteas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city