Mum, Dad, I hope I have made you proud: Kallis
Durban: Jacques Kallis Monday paid handsome tributes to his late parents for all the support they gave to make him a cricketer and hoped he did them proud.
Kallis, who retired from Test cricket as South Africa wrapped up the two-match series 1-0 against India, also said he was fortunate to have some great coaches.
"I`ve been fortunate to have had great coaches throughout the career, my friends and family have put up with me being away, will be nice to catch up with them. So many people to thank. Two of the most important people, who aren`t there, so `Mum, Dad I hope I`ve made you proud`," said Kallis.
Kallis, 38, said it was a tough decision for him to retire from Tests.
"Tough call (to retire from Tests). It`s been incredible, the way people have come out to support me, the way CSA and my team-mates have made it a special game. I still had the same butterflies ahead of this game, thanks to MS (Dhoni) and the team for the guard of honour, I was glad I didn`t face the next ball then," he said.
South African ODI captain AB de Villiers, who was adjudged Man of the Series, said he was lucky to have played in Kallis` last Test.
"I consider myself very lucky to have played in Kallis` last Test, very special to walk around the ground and think of all those memories. He`s been a rock to this team," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...