Mum, Dad, I hope I have made you proud: Kallis
Durban: Jacques Kallis Monday paid handsome tributes to his late parents for all the support they gave to make him a cricketer and hoped he did them proud.
Kallis, who retired from Test cricket as South Africa wrapped up the two-match series 1-0 against India, also said he was fortunate to have some great coaches.
"I`ve been fortunate to have had great coaches throughout the career, my friends and family have put up with me being away, will be nice to catch up with them. So many people to thank. Two of the most important people, who aren`t there, so `Mum, Dad I hope I`ve made you proud`," said Kallis.
Kallis, 38, said it was a tough decision for him to retire from Tests.
"Tough call (to retire from Tests). It`s been incredible, the way people have come out to support me, the way CSA and my team-mates have made it a special game. I still had the same butterflies ahead of this game, thanks to MS (Dhoni) and the team for the guard of honour, I was glad I didn`t face the next ball then," he said.
South African ODI captain AB de Villiers, who was adjudged Man of the Series, said he was lucky to have played in Kallis` last Test.
"I consider myself very lucky to have played in Kallis` last Test, very special to walk around the ground and think of all those memories. He`s been a rock to this team," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened