Mum, Dad, I hope I have made you proud: Kallis
Durban: Jacques Kallis Monday paid handsome tributes to his late parents for all the support they gave to make him a cricketer and hoped he did them proud.
Kallis, who retired from Test cricket as South Africa wrapped up the two-match series 1-0 against India, also said he was fortunate to have some great coaches.
"I`ve been fortunate to have had great coaches throughout the career, my friends and family have put up with me being away, will be nice to catch up with them. So many people to thank. Two of the most important people, who aren`t there, so `Mum, Dad I hope I`ve made you proud`," said Kallis.
Kallis, 38, said it was a tough decision for him to retire from Tests.
"Tough call (to retire from Tests). It`s been incredible, the way people have come out to support me, the way CSA and my team-mates have made it a special game. I still had the same butterflies ahead of this game, thanks to MS (Dhoni) and the team for the guard of honour, I was glad I didn`t face the next ball then," he said.
South African ODI captain AB de Villiers, who was adjudged Man of the Series, said he was lucky to have played in Kallis` last Test.
"I consider myself very lucky to have played in Kallis` last Test, very special to walk around the ground and think of all those memories. He`s been a rock to this team," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands