Jadeja omission from ROI`s playing XI raises questions
New Delhi: It`s not often that someone who is the national team doesn`t make it to the playing XI in a domestic match when he is fit.
That is exactly what has happened with Saurashtra all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja who is now cooling his heels after being kept out of the playing XI for the Irani Cup match.
Jadeja is one of the seven players who are in the Indian squad for the first two ODIs against England. While Parthiv Patel, Ajinkya Rahane, Varun Aaron, Umesh Yadav, Ranganath Vinay Kumar and Rahul Sharma will get a decent outing, Jadeja won`t get a chance to roll his arm over or have a decent hit in the middle.
"We have left Jadeja out due as we wanted to check out how Rahul does in longer format. We have seen Jadeja that`s why it was time to check out a new guy," said one of the national selectors when asked about Jadeja`s omission.
Incidentally, Punjab rookie Mandeep Singh is playing as the sixth batsman whereas Jadeja could have performed all-rounder`s duties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- 143 of 300 girls cleared JEE under Udaan scheme: Smriti Irani
- Uber and Ola accused by Karnataka of violating rules, vehicles seized
- Will free jailed Pakistan doctor who tracked Osama bin Laden: Donald Trump
- Federation Cup National Athletics: Lalita Babar sets national mark, Sudha Singh joins her in 2016 Rio Olympics 3000m steeple
- Delhi Speaker nominates 13 AAP MLAs as members of civic bodies