Jadeja omission from ROI`s playing XI raises questions
New Delhi: It`s not often that someone who is the national team doesn`t make it to the playing XI in a domestic match when he is fit.
That is exactly what has happened with Saurashtra all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja who is now cooling his heels after being kept out of the playing XI for the Irani Cup match.
Jadeja is one of the seven players who are in the Indian squad for the first two ODIs against England. While Parthiv Patel, Ajinkya Rahane, Varun Aaron, Umesh Yadav, Ranganath Vinay Kumar and Rahul Sharma will get a decent outing, Jadeja won`t get a chance to roll his arm over or have a decent hit in the middle.
"We have left Jadeja out due as we wanted to check out how Rahul does in longer format. We have seen Jadeja that`s why it was time to check out a new guy," said one of the national selectors when asked about Jadeja`s omission.
Incidentally, Punjab rookie Mandeep Singh is playing as the sixth batsman whereas Jadeja could have performed all-rounder`s duties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video