Jadeja omission from ROI`s playing XI raises questions
New Delhi: It`s not often that someone who is the national team doesn`t make it to the playing XI in a domestic match when he is fit.
That is exactly what has happened with Saurashtra all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja who is now cooling his heels after being kept out of the playing XI for the Irani Cup match.
Jadeja is one of the seven players who are in the Indian squad for the first two ODIs against England. While Parthiv Patel, Ajinkya Rahane, Varun Aaron, Umesh Yadav, Ranganath Vinay Kumar and Rahul Sharma will get a decent outing, Jadeja won`t get a chance to roll his arm over or have a decent hit in the middle.
"We have left Jadeja out due as we wanted to check out how Rahul does in longer format. We have seen Jadeja that`s why it was time to check out a new guy," said one of the national selectors when asked about Jadeja`s omission.
Incidentally, Punjab rookie Mandeep Singh is playing as the sixth batsman whereas Jadeja could have performed all-rounder`s duties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?