Jaffer`s nephew Arman Jaffer scores 473 to break Harris Shield record
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Following in the steps of his classy uncle, Wasim Jaffer`s nephew Arman, created history on Thursday by becoming the highest scorer in the Mumbai Inter-School Cricket Tournament for the Harris Shield.
Arman slammed 473 runs for Rizvi Springfield against IES VN Sule at the Matunga Gymkhana. His record knock which came off 359 deliveries, was punctuated with 65 boundaries and 16 sixes.
The 14-year-old Arman came in to bat on the second Day after which he spent 437 minutes at the crease to become the highest run-scorer in an innings in the Harris Shield history.
It was yet another superb knock from Arman, who had missed the 500 mark by two runs against Raja Shivaji School in a Giles Shield match in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?