Jaffer`s nephew Arman Jaffer scores 473 to break Harris Shield record
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Following in the steps of his classy uncle, Wasim Jaffer`s nephew Arman, created history on Thursday by becoming the highest scorer in the Mumbai Inter-School Cricket Tournament for the Harris Shield.
Arman slammed 473 runs for Rizvi Springfield against IES VN Sule at the Matunga Gymkhana. His record knock which came off 359 deliveries, was punctuated with 65 boundaries and 16 sixes.
The 14-year-old Arman came in to bat on the second Day after which he spent 437 minutes at the crease to become the highest run-scorer in an innings in the Harris Shield history.
It was yet another superb knock from Arman, who had missed the 500 mark by two runs against Raja Shivaji School in a Giles Shield match in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray