Jaffer`s nephew Arman Jaffer scores 473 to break Harris Shield record
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Following in the steps of his classy uncle, Wasim Jaffer`s nephew Arman, created history on Thursday by becoming the highest scorer in the Mumbai Inter-School Cricket Tournament for the Harris Shield.
Arman slammed 473 runs for Rizvi Springfield against IES VN Sule at the Matunga Gymkhana. His record knock which came off 359 deliveries, was punctuated with 65 boundaries and 16 sixes.
The 14-year-old Arman came in to bat on the second Day after which he spent 437 minutes at the crease to become the highest run-scorer in an innings in the Harris Shield history.
It was yet another superb knock from Arman, who had missed the 500 mark by two runs against Raja Shivaji School in a Giles Shield match in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index
- SC restrains Tamil Nadu Police from arresting expelled AIADMK MP
- Swaraj seeks report from Indian consulate on death of workers
- Pakistan to keep border crossing with Afghanistan shut till apology