Jaffer, Shah take Mumbai to 414-9 against UP on day 2
Lucknow: Wasim Jaffer and Hiken Shah hit twin half-centuries to help Mumbai reach 414 for nine at stumps against Uttar Pradesh on the second day of their Ranji Trophy Elite Group A match on Wednesday.
Jaffer scored 55 in 104 balls with the help of five fours, while Shah came up with a 114-ball 56 studded with six boundaries to take Mumbai close to the 400-mark at Dr Akhilesh Das Stadium in Lucknow.
Murtaza Hussain (11) and Aavishkar Salvi (2) were at the crease at the draw of stumps.
Resuming at 203/3, night watchman Dhawal Kulkarni scored 38 and added 100 runs with Jaffer for the fourth wicket before being removed by Imtiyaz Ahmed.
Wickets tumbled inbetween but Shah and Hussain ensured they don`t spoil the hard work and stitched 53 runs for the ninth wicket to consolidate Mumbai`s position here.
For UP, Ahmed was the peak of the bowlers with three wickets, while Bhuveneshwar Kumar, Piyush Chawla, Arish Alam took two scalps each.
Brief Score: Mumbai first innings: 414/9 in 134 overs (S Marathe 102, W Jaffer 55, H Shah 56; I Ahmed 3/50).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks
- 20 killed in Syria regime strike on Aleppo
- Donald Trump vows `America first` foreign policy
- Salah Abdeslam slapped with terror charges over Paris attacks