Jaffer, Shah take Mumbai to 414-9 against UP on day 2
Lucknow: Wasim Jaffer and Hiken Shah hit twin half-centuries to help Mumbai reach 414 for nine at stumps against Uttar Pradesh on the second day of their Ranji Trophy Elite Group A match on Wednesday.
Jaffer scored 55 in 104 balls with the help of five fours, while Shah came up with a 114-ball 56 studded with six boundaries to take Mumbai close to the 400-mark at Dr Akhilesh Das Stadium in Lucknow.
Murtaza Hussain (11) and Aavishkar Salvi (2) were at the crease at the draw of stumps.
Resuming at 203/3, night watchman Dhawal Kulkarni scored 38 and added 100 runs with Jaffer for the fourth wicket before being removed by Imtiyaz Ahmed.
Wickets tumbled inbetween but Shah and Hussain ensured they don`t spoil the hard work and stitched 53 runs for the ninth wicket to consolidate Mumbai`s position here.
For UP, Ahmed was the peak of the bowlers with three wickets, while Bhuveneshwar Kumar, Piyush Chawla, Arish Alam took two scalps each.
Brief Score: Mumbai first innings: 414/9 in 134 overs (S Marathe 102, W Jaffer 55, H Shah 56; I Ahmed 3/50).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened