Jaffer, Shah take Mumbai to 414-9 against UP on day 2
Lucknow: Wasim Jaffer and Hiken Shah hit twin half-centuries to help Mumbai reach 414 for nine at stumps against Uttar Pradesh on the second day of their Ranji Trophy Elite Group A match on Wednesday.
Jaffer scored 55 in 104 balls with the help of five fours, while Shah came up with a 114-ball 56 studded with six boundaries to take Mumbai close to the 400-mark at Dr Akhilesh Das Stadium in Lucknow.
Murtaza Hussain (11) and Aavishkar Salvi (2) were at the crease at the draw of stumps.
Resuming at 203/3, night watchman Dhawal Kulkarni scored 38 and added 100 runs with Jaffer for the fourth wicket before being removed by Imtiyaz Ahmed.
Wickets tumbled inbetween but Shah and Hussain ensured they don`t spoil the hard work and stitched 53 runs for the ninth wicket to consolidate Mumbai`s position here.
For UP, Ahmed was the peak of the bowlers with three wickets, while Bhuveneshwar Kumar, Piyush Chawla, Arish Alam took two scalps each.
Brief Score: Mumbai first innings: 414/9 in 134 overs (S Marathe 102, W Jaffer 55, H Shah 56; I Ahmed 3/50).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred