Jaitley has never answered my queries on proxy members: Azad
New Delhi: Former Indian cricketer and Member of Partliament Kirti Azad on Tuesday accused Delhi & Districts Cricket Association (DDCA) president Arun Jaitley of "not doing anything to stop the rise of proxy membership".
For the second day running, the officers from Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) department came at the DDCA headquarters located at the Feroz Shah Kotla ground premises to enquire about the charges levelled by the member of the 1983 World Cup winning squad.
Interestingly, Azad who is also a BJP MP today provided a list of senior DDCA office-bearers which allegedly had names of their relatives who have been allotted membership of the state cricket association.
The list has names of family members of Jaitley, treasurer Narinder Batra, vice-president C K Khanna, secretary Sneh Bansal.
"Since Arun Jaitley is the president of DDCA, the buck stops at him. I have written umpteen number of times informing him about these mismanagement but he has never ever replied to any of my letters. There is so much of muck and he is responsible for this," Azad told mediapersons.
"Jaitley is not doing anything as he is now eyeing BCCI president`s post in 2014," he further accused.
The DDCA secretary Sneh Bansal and treasurer Narinder Batra rubbished all the allegations levelled against them by Azad.
"He (Kirti) has sent names in a list which is completely forged and fabricated. A reply to this has already been sent. Out of nine members mentioned, these are either Jaitley`s family members or some other outstation members who have given their local address," Bansal commented.
Batra, who is also the secretary general of Hockey India counter-attacked Azad.
"Out of the 19 names that he has mentioned, there are lot of names like Surinder Batra, Davinder Batra which I have never heard of in my life. Kirti Azad is lying and let me tell you he is a front of some disgruntled party. Since Sunil Dev didn`t select Kirti`s sons in the Delhi junior team, he has been attacking the DDCA officials. His claims don`t have any substance," said Batra.
On Friday, Azad is planning to have another media interaction session at the Constitution Club. He claimed former Indian captain Bishen Singh Bedi and Gursharan Singh will attend the press conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister
- PM Modi congratulates new Kerala CM