Jaitley`s name emerges for representation at ICC Meet
New Delhi: The impasse regarding who will be India`s representative at the Annual Conference of the ICC took a new turn as senior vice-president Arun Jaitley`s name cropped up as a likely choice for the high-profile meeting in London on June 25.
"Mr Jaitley is in London right now. There is a possibility that he might represent BCCI at the Conference on March 25. If Mr Jaitley agrees, he will be unanimous choice to attend the meeting as the BCCI members till now have failed to reach a consensus regarding the choice between N Srinivasan and Jagmohan Dalmiya," a senior BCCI official revealed on Tuesday.
The deadlock couldn`t be broken since Srinivasan became adamant about attending the meeting which put Dalmiya on the backfoot.
"Mr Dalmiya is still ready to attend the meet but if there slight sense of discontent among members about his attending the meet, he won`t go. He has been an ICC president before and he feels that he can`t just create a problematic situation for one ICC meeting. But let`s make it clear, a majority of the members don`t want Srinivasan to attend the meet," the official further added.
The only thing confirmed till now is that BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel will be attending the CEO`s meet at the conference.
The office-bearers feels that since BCCI`s official stand is anti-DRS, it won`t make much of a difference even if Srinivasan is not present to press the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon