James Anderson is a B-Grade bowler: Hayden
London: Former Australia opener Matthew Hayden has called James Anderson a “B-Grade bowler who got his a***-whipped by Australia that many times it’s not even funny” after the England pacer said he attacked an “arrogant” Michael Clarke with a batsman’s pad in the dressing room after an Ashes Test during the 2006/07 series.
The autobiography “Jimmy: My Story” revealed that Anderson took to the then Australian No.6 batsman, now Australia’s Test captain, in the home dressing room at the Adelaide Oval following Australia’s six-wicket win.
Writing in his autobiography, Anderson revealed that Australian batsman Damien Martyn had urged him to attack Clarke when both sets of players had enjoyed a drink together following the Adelaide Test.
Anderson also wrote how Martyn then went on to clash with Hayden later that evening, before surprisingly announcing his retirement two days later.
“This has been a big incident, hasn’t it. In reality, James Anderson was a B-grade bowler who got his a***-whipped by Australia that many times it’s not even funny,” Hayden told Triple M Sydney’s The Rush Hour.
Hayden, who played 103 Tests, added that the inner sanctum of Australia’s dressing room was “something sacred to us”, especially with a few experienced players coming to the end of their careers, The Telegraph reports.
He said: “In fact on that night I was ropeable [angered]. Frankly we’d been hammered over in England so I wasn’t pulling my punches, nor was anyone else in that particular series - you were either on board with Australia wanting to hand them the absolute whipping that they got, or you weren’t.
“My casting memories were sitting on the floor with two great mates in Justin Langer and Glenn McGrath, thinking this could be our last series with two games to go. So I was wanting to absorb every little bit with those blokes. Forget Jimmy Anderson.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections