James Anderson is a B-Grade bowler: Hayden
London: Former Australia opener Matthew Hayden has called James Anderson a “B-Grade bowler who got his a***-whipped by Australia that many times it’s not even funny” after the England pacer said he attacked an “arrogant” Michael Clarke with a batsman’s pad in the dressing room after an Ashes Test during the 2006/07 series.
The autobiography “Jimmy: My Story” revealed that Anderson took to the then Australian No.6 batsman, now Australia’s Test captain, in the home dressing room at the Adelaide Oval following Australia’s six-wicket win.
Writing in his autobiography, Anderson revealed that Australian batsman Damien Martyn had urged him to attack Clarke when both sets of players had enjoyed a drink together following the Adelaide Test.
Anderson also wrote how Martyn then went on to clash with Hayden later that evening, before surprisingly announcing his retirement two days later.
“This has been a big incident, hasn’t it. In reality, James Anderson was a B-grade bowler who got his a***-whipped by Australia that many times it’s not even funny,” Hayden told Triple M Sydney’s The Rush Hour.
Hayden, who played 103 Tests, added that the inner sanctum of Australia’s dressing room was “something sacred to us”, especially with a few experienced players coming to the end of their careers, The Telegraph reports.
He said: “In fact on that night I was ropeable [angered]. Frankly we’d been hammered over in England so I wasn’t pulling my punches, nor was anyone else in that particular series - you were either on board with Australia wanting to hand them the absolute whipping that they got, or you weren’t.
“My casting memories were sitting on the floor with two great mates in Justin Langer and Glenn McGrath, thinking this could be our last series with two games to go. So I was wanting to absorb every little bit with those blokes. Forget Jimmy Anderson.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest