James Faulkner fined for clash with Gayle
Zeenews Sports News
Dubai: Australia pacer James Faulkner was fined 10 per cent of his match fee after an ugly clash with Chris Gayle during Australia’s 39-run win in the third ODI played at Canberra.
Faulkner finished with figures of four wickets but he was warned by the umpire for his antics during his send off to the batsman.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) said that Faulkner was found to have breached the code of conduct which relates to "using language or a gesture that is obscene, offensive or insulting during an international match".
Faulkner pleaded guilty to the charge and accepted the punishment given by match referee, Ranjan Madugalle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH