James Taylor ready to grab England return chance in third Ashes Test
London: James Taylor, the batsman who could replace Kevin Pietersen in the England side to face Australia in the third Ashes Test at Old Trafford has said that he believes he is in a much stronger position to make most of the opportunity than he was when making his debut against South Africa last year.
According to The Guardian, the 23-year-old Nottinghamshire batsman completed an unbeaten 121 as a guest player for Sussex in their match against the tourists.
The report said that his determination to keep going when "batting ugly", as the professionals sometimes describe it, was a lesson in itself to the Australia batsmen following their collapses at Trent Bridge and Lord`s.
Taylor said that it was definitely a pressure situation and had he not scored any runs in the practice game, everybody would have commented on that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed