James Taylor ready to grab England return chance in third Ashes Test
London: James Taylor, the batsman who could replace Kevin Pietersen in the England side to face Australia in the third Ashes Test at Old Trafford has said that he believes he is in a much stronger position to make most of the opportunity than he was when making his debut against South Africa last year.
According to The Guardian, the 23-year-old Nottinghamshire batsman completed an unbeaten 121 as a guest player for Sussex in their match against the tourists.
The report said that his determination to keep going when "batting ugly", as the professionals sometimes describe it, was a lesson in itself to the Australia batsmen following their collapses at Trent Bridge and Lord`s.
Taylor said that it was definitely a pressure situation and had he not scored any runs in the practice game, everybody would have commented on that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'