J&K takes 1st innings lead against Assam
Jammu: Ian Dev Singh`s unbeaten 94 and his 130-run partnership with Samiullah Beigh for the sixth-wicket helped Jammu and Kashmir took a crucial first-innings lead against Assam in their Ranji Trophy Group `C` match, here on Sunday.
Dev and Beigh (65 batting) responded to Assam`s first innings total of 263 all out with a solid batting display as the hosts extended their lead to 31 runs with five wickets remaining at the end of day two.
While Dev`s unconquered 192-ball knock was laced with six fours and two sixes, Beigh`s unbeaten 152-ball 65 had eight hits to the fence.
Jammu and Kashmir started off strongly in their reply as the pair of Adil Rishi (34) and Obaid Haroon (32) put on 69 runs for the opening wicket.
After their departure, Jammu and Kashmir lost three wickets for the addition of 80 runs, including the scalp of skipper Parveez Rasool (18), but Dev and Beigh combined well to avoid any further damage.
For Assam, Arup Das and Pritam Das accounted for two wickets apiece.
Assam: 263 all out in 87.5 overs.
Jammu and Kashnmir: 294 for 5 in 87 overs (Ian Dev Singh 94 batting, Samiullah Beigh 65 batting; Arup Das 2/61).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre