Jason Gillespie `bemused` at Australian team culture crisis
Sydney: Former Australian Test pacer Jason Gillespie has expressed his surprise and said that he was shocked at how the Australian team culture has slipped to such a point where four players were suspended for not doing their homework during the recent Tests against India.
Gillespie said that although the full facts related to the suspension incident are still unknown, he was bemused at how the Australian team culture had deteriorated to a point where players give back-chat or are suspended for not doing their homework.
According to him, the team environment and the culture should have never gotten to the point where such drastic action needed to be taken for a minor incident like not wearing the correct uniform or failing to fill the wellness chart.
Gillespie further said that questions needed to be asked as to whether the team management will take such action again if a similar incident happens ahead of the Ashes, adding that he feared that precedent has been set after such a controversial move.
Gillespie played 71 Tests for Australia under the leadership of Mark Taylor and Steve Waugh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'