Jason Gillespie `bemused` at Australian team culture crisis
Sydney: Former Australian Test pacer Jason Gillespie has expressed his surprise and said that he was shocked at how the Australian team culture has slipped to such a point where four players were suspended for not doing their homework during the recent Tests against India.
Gillespie said that although the full facts related to the suspension incident are still unknown, he was bemused at how the Australian team culture had deteriorated to a point where players give back-chat or are suspended for not doing their homework.
According to him, the team environment and the culture should have never gotten to the point where such drastic action needed to be taken for a minor incident like not wearing the correct uniform or failing to fill the wellness chart.
Gillespie further said that questions needed to be asked as to whether the team management will take such action again if a similar incident happens ahead of the Ashes, adding that he feared that precedent has been set after such a controversial move.
Gillespie played 71 Tests for Australia under the leadership of Mark Taylor and Steve Waugh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof