Javed Miandad claims he can improve Pakistan cricket in 6 months
Karachi: Controversial former captain Javed Miandad has claimed that he can radically improve the fortunes of Pakistan cricket in six months time.
"Even when I was working as Director-General cricket in the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) I gave a plan to the chairman but nothing happened. Even now I need just six months to bring about improvements in our domestic structure and also improve our international cricket performances," Miandad said on Geo Super channel.
"They are many problems in our cricket structure. In the past new players learnt from their seniors at the domestic level and even in the national team. Now the problem is that the seniors themselves are engrossed in learning themselves," he said.
"The other problem is that whatever money the PCB earns has to be spent on our domestic cricket properly to make it more viable and make players financially secure and stable. That is not happening at the moment," he said.
Miandad, who was also coach of the national team in three different terms, said it was no big problem bringing Pakistan cricket back on track.
"I still have the plan and after Ramazan will unveil it. I tried to also push it when I was in the board but nobody listened to me or enforced it," he said.
Miandad said there was virtually no cricket at the school or college level in Pakistan.
"There is over dependence on talent coming through from regional level but in the past we have got our best players from school and college level," he pointed out.
The former captain admitted that playing in county cricket also helped his growth a lot.
"Nowadays not many of our players are going to play in county cricket where the number of overseas players has also come down."
After serving for nearly eight years in the PCB, Miandad quit this year with the management under Najam Sethi wasting no time to accept his resignation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?