Javed Miandad threatens legal action against Sarfaraz
Karachi: Pakistan`s former captain and Cricket Board official Javed Miandad has threatened to sue ex-teammate Sarfaraz Nawaz for stating that he pushed for the inclusion of tainted players in the PCB.
Miandad`s warning to Nawaz came just a day after Pakistan`s former Test pacer Ata ur Rehman said he had consulted his lawyers to send a notice to Nawaz for his comments.
Nawaz was until recently employed as a coach by the Board. His accusations came after the PCB recently appointed ex-Test spinner Akram Raza to the umpires panel and also appointed Rehman as coach for the FATA area.
Miandad said he would warn Nawaz to be careful about what he says in future.
"I can deal with him in two ways but I will only advise him the judiciary is free and independent now and if he says anything more I will take action," Miandad said on Geo Super channel.
He also made it clear he wouldn`t like to go into the past of the former Test pacer who should avoid mudslinging.
Miandad was also asked about the hefty salary he takes from the board and he defended it by saying he had turned down other lucrative offers to work in the PCB.
"I am committing no crime. I had got more lucrative offers to coach but I didn`t accept them because I want to work in Pakistan cricket and contribute towards it. The figures quoted about the financial benefits I get in the board are not correct," he said.
Miandad praised the efforts of PCB Chairman Zaka Ashraf insisting he had come with a clear vision to improve things in Pakistan cricket.
He also made it clear that he had no personal grudges against anyone in the board including former Chairman Ejaz Butt with whom he didn`t get along.
"I respect Ejaz Butt as an elder. I may have cricket related differences with him but that does not mean I have any enmity with him. As far as Zaka Ashraf is concerned he has clear vision and wants to do something for Pakistan cricket."
During Butt`s tenure, Miandad resigned after differences over policy matters but Ashraf recently gave more authority to the former captain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested