Jayasuriya tips India, Pak or Sri Lanka to win T20 WC
Colombo: Former explosive batsman Sanath Jayasuriya believes India, Pakistan or Sri Lanka have the best chance of winning this year’s Twenty20 World Cup, starting from September 18.
Jayasuriya believes the spin friendly conditions in the sub continent would suit these three teams, and added India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, which is also the host nation, boast of good T20 teams.
“It’s a tough tournament to predict as there are several teams who if they find their rhythm and get their tactics right could ultimately win the competition,” Jayasuriya said in an exclusive interview with Pakpassion.net.
“Any team that can put 160 runs up on the board in this tournament is going to be tough to beat in any conditions. The pressure to chase a score of 160 plus could be too much for some of the teams” he added.
“The conditions are ideally suited for the Asian teams and expect them to excel. I expect the winner of the World T20 to come from Sri Lanka, India or Pakistan who are all very good T20 sides and will be tough to beat particularly if they get runs on the board,” he said.
Jayasuriya added: “It’s important that the Asian sides make full use of the conditions and if looking at the sides from outside Asia I think South Africa is the best out of those teams. They are in good form, confident and have a number of match winners in their squad.”
The World T20 starts on Tuesday when hosts Sri Lanka take on Zimbabwe at Hambantota.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive