Jayawardene out of Bangladesh tour due to injury
Colombo: Veteran batsman Mahela Jayawardene has been ruled out of the rest of the Bangladesh tour due to injury, Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) said here Wednesday.
Jayawardene had split the webbing between the fingers on his left hand during a practice session yesterday.
He would return home today and miss the limited-overs series, comprising two T20s and three ODIs, starting today in Chittagong.
The 36-year-old will now have to wait to play his 50th T20 international, a feat achieved only by Tilakaratne Dilshan for Sri Lanka.
After a patch of low scores in Tests for well over an year, Jayawardena returned to form in the Pakistan series in the UAE and followed it up with a double hundred in the first Test against Bangladesh in Mirpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway