Jayawardene out of Bangladesh tour due to injury
Colombo: Veteran batsman Mahela Jayawardene has been ruled out of the rest of the Bangladesh tour due to injury, Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) said here Wednesday.
Jayawardene had split the webbing between the fingers on his left hand during a practice session yesterday.
He would return home today and miss the limited-overs series, comprising two T20s and three ODIs, starting today in Chittagong.
The 36-year-old will now have to wait to play his 50th T20 international, a feat achieved only by Tilakaratne Dilshan for Sri Lanka.
After a patch of low scores in Tests for well over an year, Jayawardena returned to form in the Pakistan series in the UAE and followed it up with a double hundred in the first Test against Bangladesh in Mirpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested