Jayawardene out of Bangladesh tour due to injury
Colombo: Veteran batsman Mahela Jayawardene has been ruled out of the rest of the Bangladesh tour due to injury, Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) said here Wednesday.
Jayawardene had split the webbing between the fingers on his left hand during a practice session yesterday.
He would return home today and miss the limited-overs series, comprising two T20s and three ODIs, starting today in Chittagong.
The 36-year-old will now have to wait to play his 50th T20 international, a feat achieved only by Tilakaratne Dilshan for Sri Lanka.
After a patch of low scores in Tests for well over an year, Jayawardena returned to form in the Pakistan series in the UAE and followed it up with a double hundred in the first Test against Bangladesh in Mirpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon