Jayawardene slams Lankan players for playing ‘bad cricket’ during Melbourne rout
Sydney: Sri Lanka captain Mahela Jayawardene has blasted his players for playing bad cricket during their humiliating innings and 201 runs defeat at the hands of Australia in the Boxing Day Test match at the MCG.
Jayawardene said the batsmen were required to bat well during their second innings on day three but failed miserably, and added that the team needs to dig deep to gain anything from the final Test match in Sydney, the Age reports.
Jayawardene said Australia played really well throughout the match and slammed his players for playing loose shots, giving away their wickets at crucial junctures.
The veteran said everyone in the team needs to take the responsibility for the ignominious defeat.
Meanwhile, the tourists will likely have to make three forced changes with star batsman Kumar Sangakkara (broken finger) and pace man Chanaka Welegedera (hamstring) ruled out, and wicketkeeper Prasanna Jayawardene is also unlikely to recover from a fractured thumb in time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Two women assaulted at Madhya Pradesh railway station for carrying beef
- Memorial for India's 'missile man': Naidu, Parrikar unveil statue of APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram
- Aamir Khan turns host for team 'Dangal'!
- No curfew in Srinagar, continues in south Kashmir
- Cockroach milk – The next big 'superfood' and a fantastic protein supplement?