Jayawardene slams Lankan players for playing ‘bad cricket’ during Melbourne rout
Sydney: Sri Lanka captain Mahela Jayawardene has blasted his players for playing bad cricket during their humiliating innings and 201 runs defeat at the hands of Australia in the Boxing Day Test match at the MCG.
Jayawardene said the batsmen were required to bat well during their second innings on day three but failed miserably, and added that the team needs to dig deep to gain anything from the final Test match in Sydney, the Age reports.
Jayawardene said Australia played really well throughout the match and slammed his players for playing loose shots, giving away their wickets at crucial junctures.
The veteran said everyone in the team needs to take the responsibility for the ignominious defeat.
Meanwhile, the tourists will likely have to make three forced changes with star batsman Kumar Sangakkara (broken finger) and pace man Chanaka Welegedera (hamstring) ruled out, and wicketkeeper Prasanna Jayawardene is also unlikely to recover from a fractured thumb in time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Vodafone launches 4G services in Haryana; get 20 GB data at just Rs 999
- Shahid Afridi virtually ruled out of lone T20 against England
- iBerry Auxus 4X with 4GB RAM launched in India at Rs 15,990
- OMG! UP politician calls traffic cop 'gunda' for doing his duty – WATCH Viral Video
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital