Jayawardene slams Lankan players for playing ‘bad cricket’ during Melbourne rout
Sydney: Sri Lanka captain Mahela Jayawardene has blasted his players for playing bad cricket during their humiliating innings and 201 runs defeat at the hands of Australia in the Boxing Day Test match at the MCG.
Jayawardene said the batsmen were required to bat well during their second innings on day three but failed miserably, and added that the team needs to dig deep to gain anything from the final Test match in Sydney, the Age reports.
Jayawardene said Australia played really well throughout the match and slammed his players for playing loose shots, giving away their wickets at crucial junctures.
The veteran said everyone in the team needs to take the responsibility for the ignominious defeat.
Meanwhile, the tourists will likely have to make three forced changes with star batsman Kumar Sangakkara (broken finger) and pace man Chanaka Welegedera (hamstring) ruled out, and wicketkeeper Prasanna Jayawardene is also unlikely to recover from a fractured thumb in time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok