Jesse Ryder may play in Caribbean Premiere League
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Christchurch: New Zealand batsman Jesse Ryder who is currently recovering from an assault outside a bar in Christchurch will probably return to competitive cricket with the Caribbean Premiere League to be played in July.
Ryder’s manager Aaron Klee had already written off any chances of the batsman making a late appearance in the Indian Premiere League, where he had been hired by Delhi Daredevils.
He will also not be eligible to play in the Champions League if Delhi qualify for the tournament.
According to a report in a leading newspaper in New Zealand, Ryder had been approached to play in the Caribbean Premiere League and he is expected to make his comeback to cricket with the tournament to be played in July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death