Jesse Ryder showing remarkable improvement, disappointed to miss IPL
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Wellington: New Zealand cricketer Jesse Ryder is recovering well after being shifted out of Intensive Care Unit, his manager Aaron Klee revealed on Monday.
``Nothing`s changed medically in terms of official updates but he`s just steadily improving and building up his strength so it`s just resting time from here on in but you know, it`s quite a remarkable improvement from 48 hours ago,” Klee was quoted as saying by stuff.co.nz on Monday.
The top-order batsman, who was attacked outside a bar in New Zealand, was moved into a Christchurch Hospital ward after doctors found his condition to be improving.
Ryder, in a statement, said that he was feeling okay and thanked everyone for the messages.
The hard-hitting batsman was to leave for the IPL on Friday last week to play for the Delhi Daredevils.
Klee said Ryder "was very excited about the IPL. He saw it as a great opportunity to get back on the world stage and do what he does best."
In March last year, Ryder had taken a break from international cricket due to his drinking problem which had landed him in trouble on previously as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands