Jesse Ryder showing remarkable improvement, disappointed to miss IPL
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Wellington: New Zealand cricketer Jesse Ryder is recovering well after being shifted out of Intensive Care Unit, his manager Aaron Klee revealed on Monday.
``Nothing`s changed medically in terms of official updates but he`s just steadily improving and building up his strength so it`s just resting time from here on in but you know, it`s quite a remarkable improvement from 48 hours ago,” Klee was quoted as saying by stuff.co.nz on Monday.
The top-order batsman, who was attacked outside a bar in New Zealand, was moved into a Christchurch Hospital ward after doctors found his condition to be improving.
Ryder, in a statement, said that he was feeling okay and thanked everyone for the messages.
The hard-hitting batsman was to leave for the IPL on Friday last week to play for the Delhi Daredevils.
Klee said Ryder "was very excited about the IPL. He saw it as a great opportunity to get back on the world stage and do what he does best."
In March last year, Ryder had taken a break from international cricket due to his drinking problem which had landed him in trouble on previously as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II