Jesse Ryder unable to recall Bar assault
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Wellington: New Zealand cricketer Jesse Ryder was interviewed by the Police on Tuesday in relation to the attack that left him fighting for life.
However, Ryder was unable to recall the incident or the events leading up to it.
‘Unfortunately Mr Ryder has no recollection of what took place or the events leading up to the incident," Police Detective Brian Archer was quoted as saying by stuff.co.nz on Tuesday.
Archer attributed it to the injuries Ryder suffered after being attacked outside a bar in Christchurch last week.
He said that the police will speak to him again after he regains fitness and is able to remember the attack. However, they are in no mood to question him soon.
"Should Mr Ryder gain sufficient recollection as his recovery continues then we may look to speak to him again, however there are no immediate plans to re-interview him at this time,’’ he was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary