Jesse Ryder unable to recall Bar assault
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Wellington: New Zealand cricketer Jesse Ryder was interviewed by the Police on Tuesday in relation to the attack that left him fighting for life.
However, Ryder was unable to recall the incident or the events leading up to it.
‘Unfortunately Mr Ryder has no recollection of what took place or the events leading up to the incident," Police Detective Brian Archer was quoted as saying by stuff.co.nz on Tuesday.
Archer attributed it to the injuries Ryder suffered after being attacked outside a bar in Christchurch last week.
He said that the police will speak to him again after he regains fitness and is able to remember the attack. However, they are in no mood to question him soon.
"Should Mr Ryder gain sufficient recollection as his recovery continues then we may look to speak to him again, however there are no immediate plans to re-interview him at this time,’’ he was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO