Jesse Ryder unable to recall Bar assault
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Wellington: New Zealand cricketer Jesse Ryder was interviewed by the Police on Tuesday in relation to the attack that left him fighting for life.
However, Ryder was unable to recall the incident or the events leading up to it.
‘Unfortunately Mr Ryder has no recollection of what took place or the events leading up to the incident," Police Detective Brian Archer was quoted as saying by stuff.co.nz on Tuesday.
Archer attributed it to the injuries Ryder suffered after being attacked outside a bar in Christchurch last week.
He said that the police will speak to him again after he regains fitness and is able to remember the attack. However, they are in no mood to question him soon.
"Should Mr Ryder gain sufficient recollection as his recovery continues then we may look to speak to him again, however there are no immediate plans to re-interview him at this time,’’ he was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand