Jharkhand beat Tripura by three wickets
Kolkata: Defending champions Jharkhand rode an unbeaten half-century by Deepak Chougule to script a three-wicket win over Tripura in their East Zone leg one-dayer of the Vijay Hazare Trophy at Jadavpur University ground (second campus) in Salt Lake, on Wednesday.
Opting to bowl, Jharkhand restricted minnows Tripura to 236 for nine in the stipulated 50 overs with Rahul Shukla, Yaju Krishanatry and Jaskaran Singh.
Opener Samrat Singha (66 from 104 balls, 5x4) was Tripura`s top scorer while Nirupam Sen Chowdhury provided the support with a 77-ball 50 (4x4).
Tripura had Jharkhand at 44/3 when their skipper Saurabh Tiwary was dismissed cheaply for 10.
Jharkhand however did not give up with a defiant 63 (76 balls, 10x4) from Ishank Jaggi while Deepak Chougule ensured victory with an entertaining 54-ball 55 (6x4).
Brief Scores: Tripura 236/9; 50 overs (Samrat Singha 66, Nirupam Sen Chowdhary 50; Rahul Shukla 2/40, Yajuvendra Krishanatry 2/53, Jaskaran Singh 2/34) lost to Jharkhand 238/7; 49.2 overs (Ishank Jaggi 63, Deepak Chougule 55 not out; Rana Dutta 4/47) by 3 wickets.
Points: Jharkhand 4, Tripura 0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth