Jharkhand beat Tripura by three wickets
Kolkata: Defending champions Jharkhand rode an unbeaten half-century by Deepak Chougule to script a three-wicket win over Tripura in their East Zone leg one-dayer of the Vijay Hazare Trophy at Jadavpur University ground (second campus) in Salt Lake, on Wednesday.
Opting to bowl, Jharkhand restricted minnows Tripura to 236 for nine in the stipulated 50 overs with Rahul Shukla, Yaju Krishanatry and Jaskaran Singh.
Opener Samrat Singha (66 from 104 balls, 5x4) was Tripura`s top scorer while Nirupam Sen Chowdhury provided the support with a 77-ball 50 (4x4).
Tripura had Jharkhand at 44/3 when their skipper Saurabh Tiwary was dismissed cheaply for 10.
Jharkhand however did not give up with a defiant 63 (76 balls, 10x4) from Ishank Jaggi while Deepak Chougule ensured victory with an entertaining 54-ball 55 (6x4).
Brief Scores: Tripura 236/9; 50 overs (Samrat Singha 66, Nirupam Sen Chowdhary 50; Rahul Shukla 2/40, Yajuvendra Krishanatry 2/53, Jaskaran Singh 2/34) lost to Jharkhand 238/7; 49.2 overs (Ishank Jaggi 63, Deepak Chougule 55 not out; Rana Dutta 4/47) by 3 wickets.
Points: Jharkhand 4, Tripura 0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read