Jharkhand beat Tripura by three wickets
Kolkata: Defending champions Jharkhand rode an unbeaten half-century by Deepak Chougule to script a three-wicket win over Tripura in their East Zone leg one-dayer of the Vijay Hazare Trophy at Jadavpur University ground (second campus) in Salt Lake, on Wednesday.
Opting to bowl, Jharkhand restricted minnows Tripura to 236 for nine in the stipulated 50 overs with Rahul Shukla, Yaju Krishanatry and Jaskaran Singh.
Opener Samrat Singha (66 from 104 balls, 5x4) was Tripura`s top scorer while Nirupam Sen Chowdhury provided the support with a 77-ball 50 (4x4).
Tripura had Jharkhand at 44/3 when their skipper Saurabh Tiwary was dismissed cheaply for 10.
Jharkhand however did not give up with a defiant 63 (76 balls, 10x4) from Ishank Jaggi while Deepak Chougule ensured victory with an entertaining 54-ball 55 (6x4).
Brief Scores: Tripura 236/9; 50 overs (Samrat Singha 66, Nirupam Sen Chowdhary 50; Rahul Shukla 2/40, Yajuvendra Krishanatry 2/53, Jaskaran Singh 2/34) lost to Jharkhand 238/7; 49.2 overs (Ishank Jaggi 63, Deepak Chougule 55 not out; Rana Dutta 4/47) by 3 wickets.
Points: Jharkhand 4, Tripura 0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara