Jhulan retained captain for home series against West Indies
New Delhi: Pace spearhead Jhulan Goswami has been retained captain of the Indian women`s team that will play ODI and Twenty20 series against the West Indies in Mumbai starting next week.
The West Indies will play five ODIs and three Twenty20 Internationals during the tour, the BCCI said in a statement here.
The ODI series starts January 10, followed by the T20 seriesfrom January 22.
The committee also picked the Board President`s XI, which will play a one-day game against the visitors in Mumbai on January 8.
The Board President`s XI would be led by Diana David.
The Team for ODI and T20 series: Jhulan Goswami (Capt), Mithali Raj, Poonam Raut, Harmanpreet Kaur, Rumeli Dhar, Amita Sharma, Anagha Deshpande (Wicketkeeper), Soniya Dabir, Diana David, Gouhar Sultana, Reema Malhotra, Priyanka Roy, Samantha Lobatto (wicketkeeper), Neha Tanvar, Snehal Pradhan.
Board President`s XI: Diana David (Capt), Harmanpreet Kaur (Vice-captain), Poonam Raut, Neha Tanvar, Snehal Pradhan, Veda Krishnamurthy, Ekta Bisht, Samantha Lobatto (wicketkeeper), Lalita Sharma, Shubhalaxmi Sharma, Shikha Pande.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened