Jhulan retained captain for home series against West Indies
New Delhi: Pace spearhead Jhulan Goswami has been retained captain of the Indian women`s team that will play ODI and Twenty20 series against the West Indies in Mumbai starting next week.
The West Indies will play five ODIs and three Twenty20 Internationals during the tour, the BCCI said in a statement here.
The ODI series starts January 10, followed by the T20 seriesfrom January 22.
The committee also picked the Board President`s XI, which will play a one-day game against the visitors in Mumbai on January 8.
The Board President`s XI would be led by Diana David.
The Team for ODI and T20 series: Jhulan Goswami (Capt), Mithali Raj, Poonam Raut, Harmanpreet Kaur, Rumeli Dhar, Amita Sharma, Anagha Deshpande (Wicketkeeper), Soniya Dabir, Diana David, Gouhar Sultana, Reema Malhotra, Priyanka Roy, Samantha Lobatto (wicketkeeper), Neha Tanvar, Snehal Pradhan.
Board President`s XI: Diana David (Capt), Harmanpreet Kaur (Vice-captain), Poonam Raut, Neha Tanvar, Snehal Pradhan, Veda Krishnamurthy, Ekta Bisht, Samantha Lobatto (wicketkeeper), Lalita Sharma, Shubhalaxmi Sharma, Shikha Pande.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security