Johan Botha reported for suspect bowling action
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: South African cricketer Johan Botha will undergo biomechanical analysis after he was reported for a suspect bowling action while representing West End Redbacks, Cricket Australia (CA) said on Monday.
Botha, 31, has played 78 ODIs, 40 T20Is and five Tests for South Africa so far and has also plied his trade in various T20 leagues around the globe.
“CA’s policy requires cited bowlers to undergo testing within 14 days of being notified. Botha can still play on throughout this period and can only be suspended from bowling if the official report, post the Doubtful Bowling Action Analysis, proves he has an illegal action. Communication of Botha’s bowling action analysis will follow the testing,” CA said on its website.
Botha is currently representing South Australia in the Ryobi One-Day Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Summer Olympics: Boxer Laishram Devendro out of contention for Rio berth
- 'Only 15% water left in major reservoirs in India; west, south worst hit'
- Amarnath Yatra: J&K DGP reviews security arrangements
- Eoin Morgan picks Anil Kumble and MS Dhoni in All-time XI, no place for Sachin Tendulkar
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final