Johan Botha reported for suspect bowling action
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: South African cricketer Johan Botha will undergo biomechanical analysis after he was reported for a suspect bowling action while representing West End Redbacks, Cricket Australia (CA) said on Monday.
Botha, 31, has played 78 ODIs, 40 T20Is and five Tests for South Africa so far and has also plied his trade in various T20 leagues around the globe.
“CA’s policy requires cited bowlers to undergo testing within 14 days of being notified. Botha can still play on throughout this period and can only be suspended from bowling if the official report, post the Doubtful Bowling Action Analysis, proves he has an illegal action. Communication of Botha’s bowling action analysis will follow the testing,” CA said on its website.
Botha is currently representing South Australia in the Ryobi One-Day Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security