Johan Botha reported for suspect bowling action
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: South African cricketer Johan Botha will undergo biomechanical analysis after he was reported for a suspect bowling action while representing West End Redbacks, Cricket Australia (CA) said on Monday.
Botha, 31, has played 78 ODIs, 40 T20Is and five Tests for South Africa so far and has also plied his trade in various T20 leagues around the globe.
“CA’s policy requires cited bowlers to undergo testing within 14 days of being notified. Botha can still play on throughout this period and can only be suspended from bowling if the official report, post the Doubtful Bowling Action Analysis, proves he has an illegal action. Communication of Botha’s bowling action analysis will follow the testing,” CA said on its website.
Botha is currently representing South Australia in the Ryobi One-Day Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Champions League final goal like losing virginity – Sergio Ramos
- Madhur Bhandarkar takes expert advice from Subramanian Swamy for film on emergency? View pics
- Scramble begins in BJP's Kerala unit for union ministry berth
- Afghan Taliban struggle to select Mansour's successor
- Medium intensity earthquake in Assam