Johnson first person to ask Sangakkara of well being after hurting him with bouncer
Johannesburg: Australia fast bowler Mitchell Johnson was the first person to walk into the change-room and make sure everything is fine with Sri Lankan batsman Kumar Sangakkara after hurting him with a venomous bouncer on day three of the Boxing Day Test match.
According to Michael Clarke The mercurial pace man was named man-of-the-match on Friday for his wrecking ball performance in Australia`s innings and 201-run victory at the Melbourne Cricket Ground that gave the hosts an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match series.
Johnson scored an unbeaten 92 and took six wickets, but his noxious short-pitched bowling left its mark on Sri Lanka, breaking the thumb of wicketkeeper Prasanna Jayawardene and the forefinger of Sangakkara, who will play no further part in the series.
Clarke said people aren’t able to see the other side of Johnson and can only see an aggressive bowler on the pitch, but how he is outside the pitch no one could ever see that.
The captain said Johnson was the first guy on Friday to walk into the change-room and make sure everything`s okay with Sangakkara. Clarke said on field he will give his best to get the results but outside the field, he is a very nice and decent person.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit consequence: British thaali may give Indian lady's finger a miss
- Ajay Devgn to star in Rohit Shetty's 'Golmaal 4'! Details inside
- WATCH: Harbhajan Singh was up against a wrestler...See What Happened Next...
- After NSG setback, India joins Missile Technology Control Regime as full member; China awaits membership
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut legal tussle: Everything will come out soon, says actor