Jones, Bevan take up Bangladesh T20 coaching roles
Dhaka: Former Australian batsmen Dean Jones and Michael Bevan have taken up coaching roles with the Chittagong Kings franchise in the forthcoming Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) Twenty20 competition, officials said on Friday.
"We have appointed Dean Jones as our technical director and Michael Bevan as our batting coach," said Samir Q Chowdhury, chief executive officer of Chittagong Kings.
The Australian duo will team up with former Bangladesh skipper Khaled Mahmud, who has been appointed head coach of the franchise.
The inaugural edition of the BPL, which is based on the successful Indian Premier League model, will be held from February 10-28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016: Sunrisers Hyderabad's mentor Muttiah Muralitharan highly impressed with Bangladeshi pacer Mustafizur Rahman
- I am neither a borrower or a judgement debtor, says Vijay Mallya
- Secret Jaish-e-Muhammad training camp involved in Pathankot airbase attack traced
- China stripped America, made money and rebuilt itself: Donald Trump
- Google acquires start-up founded by Indian-origin entrepreneur Varun Malhotra