Jones, Bevan take up Bangladesh T20 coaching roles
Dhaka: Former Australian batsmen Dean Jones and Michael Bevan have taken up coaching roles with the Chittagong Kings franchise in the forthcoming Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) Twenty20 competition, officials said on Friday.
"We have appointed Dean Jones as our technical director and Michael Bevan as our batting coach," said Samir Q Chowdhury, chief executive officer of Chittagong Kings.
The Australian duo will team up with former Bangladesh skipper Khaled Mahmud, who has been appointed head coach of the franchise.
The inaugural edition of the BPL, which is based on the successful Indian Premier League model, will be held from February 10-28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you