JPL Phase-II to be begin on April 17 in Reasi
Jammu: With an aim to tap cricket potential among the youth of the state, Jammu Premier League (JPL) will begin on April 17 from Reasi District of J&K, Minister for Medical Education, Youth Services and Sports R S Chib said on Thursday.
JPL is being organised in Jammu Division, of which the Phase-II will begin from Reasi District, Chib said after laying the foundation of Sports Stadium at Samba.
Chib said under the stewardship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, the developmental programmes in all the districts have been taken up and the government is keen to ensure that all the major projects taken up are completed in stipulated time so as to provide the benefit of these programmes to the people.
He said that the stadium would be completed with an estimated cost of Rs 2.33 crore. He said Rs 85 lakh stands released for the development of the project so far, adding that the rest of the amount would also be released soon for its early completion.
Chib said with the completion of this stadium, the youth of the area would get sports facilities at their doorsteps.
He said the stadium with 2500 sitting capacity would also be utilised for organising other events including Republic Day and Independence Day celebrations.
The minister said two stadia at Gurha Slathian and Smailpur, coming up at an estimated cost of Rs 50 Lakh each and a playfield at Moutlian Kalan at an estimated cost of Rs 30 Lakh are near completion for the promotion of sports activities.
He said the government has also given attention for the development of playfields at block and panchayat level under Panchayat Yuva Khel Krida aur Abhiyan (PYKKA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened