JPL Phase-II to be begin on April 17 in Reasi
Jammu: With an aim to tap cricket potential among the youth of the state, Jammu Premier League (JPL) will begin on April 17 from Reasi District of J&K, Minister for Medical Education, Youth Services and Sports R S Chib said on Thursday.
JPL is being organised in Jammu Division, of which the Phase-II will begin from Reasi District, Chib said after laying the foundation of Sports Stadium at Samba.
Chib said under the stewardship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, the developmental programmes in all the districts have been taken up and the government is keen to ensure that all the major projects taken up are completed in stipulated time so as to provide the benefit of these programmes to the people.
He said that the stadium would be completed with an estimated cost of Rs 2.33 crore. He said Rs 85 lakh stands released for the development of the project so far, adding that the rest of the amount would also be released soon for its early completion.
Chib said with the completion of this stadium, the youth of the area would get sports facilities at their doorsteps.
He said the stadium with 2500 sitting capacity would also be utilised for organising other events including Republic Day and Independence Day celebrations.
The minister said two stadia at Gurha Slathian and Smailpur, coming up at an estimated cost of Rs 50 Lakh each and a playfield at Moutlian Kalan at an estimated cost of Rs 30 Lakh are near completion for the promotion of sports activities.
He said the government has also given attention for the development of playfields at block and panchayat level under Panchayat Yuva Khel Krida aur Abhiyan (PYKKA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside