JSCA suspends two U-14 players for forging birth certificates
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand State Cricket Association (JSCA) has suspended two Under-14 cricketers of Ranchi for two years as they produced fake birth certificates, a JSCA official said today.
Two players -- Aditya Swaroop Singh and Ashutosh Kumar -- have been suspended for two years for participating in a tournament submitting forged birth certificates, JSCA Assistant Secretary Asim Kumar Singh said.
JSCA officials found that the birth certificates produced by the two players were different to those which they had produced to the Association last year, he said.
The suspension was enforced during the inter-district U-14 elite group match at Birsa Munda stadium in Chaibasa, West Singhbhum on Sunday, Singh said.
Last year too, JSCA had suspended 33 Under-16 cricketers for two years for producing fake age certificates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets