Junaid Khan goes for scan after being hit by Dhammika Prasad bouncer
Colombo: Pakistan fast bowler Junaid Khan went for a precautionary checkup after being hit on the head while batting by a delivery from Sri Lanka paceman Dhammika Prasad during the third day of the second test on Saturday.
"Junaid was feeling dizzy after he came to the dressing room and we have taken him to hospital for precautionary check-up," Pakistan team manager Moin Khan told reporters.
"He is under observation and a head scan has been taken."
The left-arm paceman, who took five wickets in Sri Lanka`s first innings, did not take the field during Sri Lanka`s second innings as Pakistan were reduced to three frontline bowlers.
Junaid was hit on the left side of his helmet and continued to bat after receiving treatment on the field to remain unbeaten on 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh