Junaid Khan goes for scan after being hit by Dhammika Prasad bouncer
Colombo: Pakistan fast bowler Junaid Khan went for a precautionary checkup after being hit on the head while batting by a delivery from Sri Lanka paceman Dhammika Prasad during the third day of the second test on Saturday.
"Junaid was feeling dizzy after he came to the dressing room and we have taken him to hospital for precautionary check-up," Pakistan team manager Moin Khan told reporters.
"He is under observation and a head scan has been taken."
The left-arm paceman, who took five wickets in Sri Lanka`s first innings, did not take the field during Sri Lanka`s second innings as Pakistan were reduced to three frontline bowlers.
Junaid was hit on the left side of his helmet and continued to bat after receiving treatment on the field to remain unbeaten on 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- French Open 2016, Day 8: Muguruza, Rogers, Murray, Wawrinka into quarters
- Comets responsible for initiating life on planet Earth: Study
- Twitter profile picture may reveal your personality
- BJP names 12 candidates for Rajya Sabha seat; Venkaiah Naidu, Nirmala Sitharaman, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi tops list
- 'Government should make Amitabh face of tobacco control campaign'