Junaid Khan goes for scan after being hit by Dhammika Prasad bouncer
Colombo: Pakistan fast bowler Junaid Khan went for a precautionary checkup after being hit on the head while batting by a delivery from Sri Lanka paceman Dhammika Prasad during the third day of the second test on Saturday.
"Junaid was feeling dizzy after he came to the dressing room and we have taken him to hospital for precautionary check-up," Pakistan team manager Moin Khan told reporters.
"He is under observation and a head scan has been taken."
The left-arm paceman, who took five wickets in Sri Lanka`s first innings, did not take the field during Sri Lanka`s second innings as Pakistan were reduced to three frontline bowlers.
Junaid was hit on the left side of his helmet and continued to bat after receiving treatment on the field to remain unbeaten on 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Women suffering from ADHD more prone to suicidal tendencies, says study
- Muslim man removed from flight after attendant announced, 'Mohamed Ahmed, I will be watching you'
- Russia Doping: A chronology of major events
- 120 Taliban, ISIS militants killed in wide-scale operations by Afghan army, cops
- China, Pakistan launch first joint border patrols near Xinjiang