Junaid Khan to spearhead Pak attack in Champions Trophy
Karachi: Upcoming Pakistan fast bowler Junaid Khan has said that he is ready to spearhead Pakistan`s attack in the absence of injured Umar Gul in the ICC Champions Trophy, to be held in England.
Confident of performing well in the eight-nation event, to be held from June 6-23, the young left-armer said that a 2011 stint with county team Lancashire has introduced him to the English conditions. According to Khan, he had learnt about the conditions in England being helpful for swing bowling, adding that it will stand him in good stead when he plays for the Champions Trophy.
Khan is also a participant in the 10-day PCB training camp for 23 professional and non-professional bowlers, which is being supervised by pace legend Wasim Akram. Stating that tips from Akram are a great help, Khan said that learning is a never-ending process, adding that Akram had helped him to improve his in-swingers and yorkers, which are considered as the two best weapons for a left-arm bowler.
Khan, who rose after playing first-class cricket in 2007 in the Pakistani garrison town of Abbottabad, further said that he is developing aggression under Akram`s mentorship, adding that he was the most aggressive bowler on the tour to India and South Africa Prasing Khan`s talent, Akram said that the young quick has the capacity to spearhead Pakistan`s attack, adding that he had recommended his name to Lancashire after noticing his talent.
Pakistan will play two one-day internationals each against Ireland and Scotland in May before competing in the Champions Trophy, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?