K`taka announces Rs 1 lakh each for state`s 3 blind cricketers
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Friday said the government would grant a cash prize of Rs one lakh to each to the three partially visually challenged cricket players from the state, who were part of India`s Twenty20 World Cup winning team.
Shettar announced this at a felicitation of the Indian team at his residence and agreed to consider allotting a piece of land for a sports ground for the blind cricketers in response to a request from the T20 World Cup organisers, the Samarthanam Trust for the disabled, a release said here.
India had triumphed in the inaugural Blind Cricket Twenty20 World Cup after defeating Pakistan by 29 runs in the title clash here yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!