K`taka announces Rs 1 lakh each for state`s 3 blind cricketers
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Friday said the government would grant a cash prize of Rs one lakh to each to the three partially visually challenged cricket players from the state, who were part of India`s Twenty20 World Cup winning team.
Shettar announced this at a felicitation of the Indian team at his residence and agreed to consider allotting a piece of land for a sports ground for the blind cricketers in response to a request from the T20 World Cup organisers, the Samarthanam Trust for the disabled, a release said here.
India had triumphed in the inaugural Blind Cricket Twenty20 World Cup after defeating Pakistan by 29 runs in the title clash here yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you