Kaif can still add lot of value to Test team: Kumble
New Delhi: Not many people would endorse the view that 31-year-old Mohammed Kaif can make a comeback in international cricket but former India captain Anil Kumble feels that the Uttar Pradesh batsman can prove to be a handful in the longer format.
"I still believe he can add a lot of value to the Test team, especially with Rahul having retired and a few other seniors not far away from retirement," Kumble told a website in an interview.
"Kaif is only 31, and I believe it is the time when, as a batsman, you are nearing the peak of your powers. He has been consistent in domestic cricket, had a good last season, and he continues to be a brilliant fielder," Kumble added.
"As much as anything else, he has great attitude, so I don`t see why they should not look at him in the Test level. He has been there, done that in the Test match arena, he has the experience and the technique to do well as he has shown in the past.
"I can understand the selectors wanting to look ahead when it comes to the one-day game, but as far as Test cricket is concerned, Kaif is still a very good bat; he is solid, has good technique, so why not give him another go?," he concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened