Kallis among 31 players valued at highest IPL base price
Johannesburg: Retired South African all-rounder Jacques Kallis is reportedly among the 31 players valued at the maximum base price of 3.5 million rands on the 233-man international player list for the upcoming Indian Premier League (IPL) auction.
Kallis, who has previously represented the Royal Challengers Bangalore and Kolkata Knight Riders, is the only South African cricketer that has attracted the highest base price, with South African ODI wicketkeeper Quinton de Kock`s entry-level price being 1.75 million rands.
According to Sport24, Faf du Plessis and Morne Morkel`s reserve prices are more than 2.6 million rands, adding that three South Africans - AB de Villiers ( Royal Challengers Bangalore), David Miller (Kings XI Punjab) and Dale Steyn (Sunrisers Hyderabad) - were earlier retained by their franchises.
The report mentioned that another list- of non-international players- would be announced shortly before the IPL auction, which is scheduled for February 12 and 13 in Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video