Kallis among 31 players valued at highest IPL base price
Johannesburg: Retired South African all-rounder Jacques Kallis is reportedly among the 31 players valued at the maximum base price of 3.5 million rands on the 233-man international player list for the upcoming Indian Premier League (IPL) auction.
Kallis, who has previously represented the Royal Challengers Bangalore and Kolkata Knight Riders, is the only South African cricketer that has attracted the highest base price, with South African ODI wicketkeeper Quinton de Kock`s entry-level price being 1.75 million rands.
According to Sport24, Faf du Plessis and Morne Morkel`s reserve prices are more than 2.6 million rands, adding that three South Africans - AB de Villiers ( Royal Challengers Bangalore), David Miller (Kings XI Punjab) and Dale Steyn (Sunrisers Hyderabad) - were earlier retained by their franchises.
The report mentioned that another list- of non-international players- would be announced shortly before the IPL auction, which is scheduled for February 12 and 13 in Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...