Kallis hopes India`s tour to South Africa goes ahead
South African all-rounder Jacques Kallis has said that he hopes the issue regarding India’s tour to South Africa later this year is solved and that the two sides play each other. Kallis also expressed that South Africa need more Tests to maintain their top spot in the ICC rankings for teams.
Sport24 reported Kallis saying, “It is sad. Test cricket is still the main format guys want to play and be judged on. So the more Test cricket we can play the better, especially being top-ranked. It is a shame what’s happening with the Indian tour, but I know the administrators are trying to sort it out, and they realise the importance of playing more Tests against the top nations.”
Kallis had taken a break from cricket after the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2013 and is set to return when South Africa take on Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in October. It was a complete break and Kallis said that he did not even follow the game.
“I needed to completely get away from the game a bit, and actually to live life. That’s made it an unbelievable couple of months. I haven’t watched any cricket, followed any cricket. I’ve got away and done other things I loved; recharged the batteries. It’s the best thing I could ever have done, I think,” Kallis said while also explaining that skipping the ICC Champions Trophy 2013 was a good decision keeping in mind his future.
There is also a lot of talk about Kallis, 37, possibly playing the ICC World Cup 2015 Down Under. Speaking about it, Kallis said, “I have put in a lot of time in the gym to try to get through the next year and a half. I believe that if I don’t make it to the next World Cup it will be more from a mental than bodily point of view, and I have at least had that mental time out now with a view to sustaining myself on both fronts.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi