Kallis likely to bat at No. 3 for Proteas during ODI series in Sri Lanka: Domingo
Johannesburg: South Africa coach Russell Domingo has said that Jacques Kallis is likely to bat at the number three position during the upcoming ODI series in Sri Lanka.
38-year-old Kallis is back in South Africa`s ODI plans and has an eye on next year`s Cricket World Cup in Australia and New Zealand .
According to Sport24, Domingo said that Kallis would probably slot back into the number three position for the three-match ODI series that starts in Colombo on Sunday.
Domingo said that they would try to be as consistent as possible with South Africa`s batting order as they build-up to next year`s showpiece event.
Kallis has batted at number three 197 times in his 311 ODI innings, scoring 7,769 runs at an average of 46.52, which is marginally higher than his overall average of 44.86. He has also scored 13 of his 17 centuries at number three, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter