Kallis likely to bat at No. 3 for Proteas during ODI series in Sri Lanka: Domingo
Johannesburg: South Africa coach Russell Domingo has said that Jacques Kallis is likely to bat at the number three position during the upcoming ODI series in Sri Lanka.
38-year-old Kallis is back in South Africa`s ODI plans and has an eye on next year`s Cricket World Cup in Australia and New Zealand .
According to Sport24, Domingo said that Kallis would probably slot back into the number three position for the three-match ODI series that starts in Colombo on Sunday.
Domingo said that they would try to be as consistent as possible with South Africa`s batting order as they build-up to next year`s showpiece event.
Kallis has batted at number three 197 times in his 311 ODI innings, scoring 7,769 runs at an average of 46.52, which is marginally higher than his overall average of 44.86. He has also scored 13 of his 17 centuries at number three, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket