Kallis likely to bat at No. 3 for Proteas during ODI series in Sri Lanka: Domingo
Johannesburg: South Africa coach Russell Domingo has said that Jacques Kallis is likely to bat at the number three position during the upcoming ODI series in Sri Lanka.
38-year-old Kallis is back in South Africa`s ODI plans and has an eye on next year`s Cricket World Cup in Australia and New Zealand .
According to Sport24, Domingo said that Kallis would probably slot back into the number three position for the three-match ODI series that starts in Colombo on Sunday.
Domingo said that they would try to be as consistent as possible with South Africa`s batting order as they build-up to next year`s showpiece event.
Kallis has batted at number three 197 times in his 311 ODI innings, scoring 7,769 runs at an average of 46.52, which is marginally higher than his overall average of 44.86. He has also scored 13 of his 17 centuries at number three, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi