Kallis should play Perth Test even if not fully fit: Ray Jennings
Johannesburg: Former South Africa coach Ray Jennings has said veteran all rounder Jacques Kallis should certainly play in the final Test match against Australia in Perth even if he is not fully fit.
Kallis picked up a hamstring injury in the second Test in Adelaide, which meant he was unable to bowl.
However, the all rounder still came out to bat and made valuable contributions in both innings. He scored 58 in the first innings and then batted for 149 minutes, scoring 46, to help his team stage a remarkable draw.
Question marks now hang over Kallis’ availability for the third and deciding Test, which starts in Perth on Friday.
However, Jennings, who coached South Africa from 2004-2005, believes Kallis should play even if he can’t bowl.
“I’ll pick him, even if he’s only 80% fit, because his name on the scoreboard already means a lot,” Sports24 quoted Jennings, as saying to a website.
“He is of immense importance to the team, especially if there are a few younger players,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'