Kallis shrugs off comparisons to cricket legends
Sydney: South African all rounder Jacques Kallis has no interest in the comparisons of his phenomenal cricketing skills with the legendary cricketers in the sport.
It comes after Ricky Ponting singled him out as Australia`s No.1 opponent in the Proteas team, and Rahul Dravid recently said that if the great West Indies all-rounder Garry Sobers was better than Kallis, `he must have been one hell of a cricketer`.
Former South African and current Australian coach Mickey Arthur had also said that Kallis was the second-best player of all time, after Sir Donald Bradman.
“I`ve never been one that likes to compare players or eras, especially with the amount of cricket we play in this era compared with yesteryear,” a leading Australian daily quoted Kallis, as saying.
``Yesteryear`s players would have had some unbelievable achievements as well as they`d had the opportunity to play as much as we did. Obviously it`s an honour to be compared with those guys but I`ve never been one to worry too much about that sort of stuff,” he added.
Kallis said he derived maximum satisfaction from winning games and contributing in the sport, rather than being compared to cricket greats.
``I play the game of cricket because I love winning games of cricket, and contributing to winning games of cricket gives me the most satisfaction, rather than stats or who you`re being compared to,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Reduced oxygen can cause childhood heart disease
- Premier Futsal: Goa 5's outclass Bengaluru 5's 3-0, seal semi-final spot
- Scientists reconstruct detailed 3D eyes from single photo
- Santander pips BBVA: Eurozone`s largest bank becomes La Liga's newest sponsors
- US sanctions target Assad regime's arms, finance networks