Kallis shrugs off comparisons to cricket legends
Sydney: South African all rounder Jacques Kallis has no interest in the comparisons of his phenomenal cricketing skills with the legendary cricketers in the sport.
It comes after Ricky Ponting singled him out as Australia`s No.1 opponent in the Proteas team, and Rahul Dravid recently said that if the great West Indies all-rounder Garry Sobers was better than Kallis, `he must have been one hell of a cricketer`.
Former South African and current Australian coach Mickey Arthur had also said that Kallis was the second-best player of all time, after Sir Donald Bradman.
“I`ve never been one that likes to compare players or eras, especially with the amount of cricket we play in this era compared with yesteryear,” a leading Australian daily quoted Kallis, as saying.
``Yesteryear`s players would have had some unbelievable achievements as well as they`d had the opportunity to play as much as we did. Obviously it`s an honour to be compared with those guys but I`ve never been one to worry too much about that sort of stuff,” he added.
Kallis said he derived maximum satisfaction from winning games and contributing in the sport, rather than being compared to cricket greats.
``I play the game of cricket because I love winning games of cricket, and contributing to winning games of cricket gives me the most satisfaction, rather than stats or who you`re being compared to,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia