Kallis sure England would miss ‘big game player’ Pietersen during ‘vital’ Lord’s Test
Johannesburg: South African batsman Jacques Kallis has said England would certainly miss Kevin Pietersen during the final Test match at Lord’s, which would decide who will be the world’s number one team in the longest format of cricket.
Pietersen was named Man of the Match after hitting a brilliant 149 in the second Test at Leeds, and has piled up 7 076 runs in 88 Tests at an average of 49.48 for England.
“He``s a world-class player and he``s proven that over many years - putting in big performances for England - so I``m sure he``s going to be missed,”
Kallis however doesn’t believe the row would end the South African-born batsman``s international career.
“I``ve no doubts they``ll come to an agreement and something will be sorted out. These sorts of things are going to happen throughout his career,” Kallis said.
“I don``t think it``ll affect him, I think he``ll bounce back and I think he``s still got a lot of cricket ahead of him. He``s too good a player to stay out of the international scene,” he added.
However, Pietersen’s teammates Graeme Swann and Tim Bresnan believe the home side``s strength has not been compromised by his absence.
Pietersen was left out of the team because he failed to confirm he did not send derogatory text messages about colleagues to the opposition.
Yorkshire batsman Jonny Bairstow has come into the side as a replacement, with Bresnan even saying the hosts could be stronger without Pietersen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM