Kallis sure England would miss ‘big game player’ Pietersen during ‘vital’ Lord’s Test
Johannesburg: South African batsman Jacques Kallis has said England would certainly miss Kevin Pietersen during the final Test match at Lord’s, which would decide who will be the world’s number one team in the longest format of cricket.
Pietersen was named Man of the Match after hitting a brilliant 149 in the second Test at Leeds, and has piled up 7 076 runs in 88 Tests at an average of 49.48 for England.
“He``s a world-class player and he``s proven that over many years - putting in big performances for England - so I``m sure he``s going to be missed,”
Kallis however doesn’t believe the row would end the South African-born batsman``s international career.
“I``ve no doubts they``ll come to an agreement and something will be sorted out. These sorts of things are going to happen throughout his career,” Kallis said.
“I don``t think it``ll affect him, I think he``ll bounce back and I think he``s still got a lot of cricket ahead of him. He``s too good a player to stay out of the international scene,” he added.
However, Pietersen’s teammates Graeme Swann and Tim Bresnan believe the home side``s strength has not been compromised by his absence.
Pietersen was left out of the team because he failed to confirm he did not send derogatory text messages about colleagues to the opposition.
Yorkshire batsman Jonny Bairstow has come into the side as a replacement, with Bresnan even saying the hosts could be stronger without Pietersen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray