Kallis to close in on Ponting`s Test run-scoring mark in Pak series
Sydney: South African cricket player Jacques Kallis has said that age is not playing on his mind as he prepares to face Pakistan in the first Test in UAE, and needs another 251 runs to overtake Ricky Ponting in terms of Test runs as he turns 38 next week.
According to News.com.au, Kallis showed no signs of slowing down when he scored 70 in the warm-up match against Pakistan A this week, his first competitive game since representing Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL in May.
He said that after the IPL, he felt like he wanted a good break and to get away from the game, adding that he wanted to do what most people do on weekends, spend time with friends, play golf and catching up with some things that needed to be done at home.
Kallis also said that age has never been something that has concerned him, adding that he still feels and acts at times like a teenager, adding that the day he wakes up and doesn`t want to do this anymore, is the day he will call it quits.
He said that at this stage, the goal was to try and get through to the next World Cup, adding that it will be the icing on the cake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister