Kallis to close in on Ponting`s Test run-scoring mark in Pak series
Sydney: South African cricket player Jacques Kallis has said that age is not playing on his mind as he prepares to face Pakistan in the first Test in UAE, and needs another 251 runs to overtake Ricky Ponting in terms of Test runs as he turns 38 next week.
According to News.com.au, Kallis showed no signs of slowing down when he scored 70 in the warm-up match against Pakistan A this week, his first competitive game since representing Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL in May.
He said that after the IPL, he felt like he wanted a good break and to get away from the game, adding that he wanted to do what most people do on weekends, spend time with friends, play golf and catching up with some things that needed to be done at home.
Kallis also said that age has never been something that has concerned him, adding that he still feels and acts at times like a teenager, adding that the day he wakes up and doesn`t want to do this anymore, is the day he will call it quits.
He said that at this stage, the goal was to try and get through to the next World Cup, adding that it will be the icing on the cake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof