Kamran Akmal `empty` without playing Tests
Karachi: Experienced Pakistan wicket-keeper Kamran Akmal, who is no longer a preference for Test cricket, has said that he misses the longer version of the game, adding that he felt a sense of emptiness without playing Test cricket.
Stating that Tests gives a player ample time to express himself and his abilities, Akmal added that he had delivered his best performances in this format and is ready to do it again.
According to Akmal, the Sydney Test against Australia in 2010 changed the direction of his career where he missed various chances that lead the team to defeat from a strong position, adding that he developed a sense of isolation following his performance in the match.
Stating that the Test was among the worst in his career, Akmal admitted that he had crumbled under pressure, adding that the both he and the team was disappointed because they had a good chance to beat Australia on their home soil.
Terming the Sydney Test as the biggest regret of his career, Akmal said that the Test shook his confidence, adding that he has to live with it for the rest of his life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur