Kamran Akmal hoping to make a comeback in Pak T20 squad against Proteas
Karachi: Sidelined Pakistani wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal has said he is hoping for a quick comeback to the national side in the squad for the Twenty games against South Africa.
Kamran, who is the eldest of the Akmal brothers to represent Pakistan, last played for Pakistan back in June against India in the ICC Champions Trophy.
According to the Express Tribune, Akmal said that he is working very hard on his batting and wicket-keeping in order to make a quick return to the team, adding that he has not yet lost hope of getting selected into the T20 squad for the two-game series against South Africa.
Akmal further said that although there have been a lot of ups and downs in his career, he has never stopped believing in himself and is confident that he will come back as a stronger player than before, adding that he still has five to six years of top level cricket left in him.
Stating that he has performed well whenever the selectors have given him a chance, Akmal also said that he has worked on his glove work after receiving criticism, adding that his batting order has been changed a lot which has affected his performance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH