Kane Williamson named in Kiwi Test squad against Windies despite injury
Wellington: New Zealand cricketers Kane Williamson has reportedly been included in the Test squad for the series against the West Indies even as he battles from a hand injury.
Williamson, who broke a bone in his left thumb in Bangladesh last month, will await a final fitness clearance closer to the match although the signs are promising.
According to Stuff.co.nz, chief selector Bruce Edgar said that Williamson has been batting and bowling in the nets and getting his intensity levels up, adding that they are confident that he would be able to play in the Tests, starting on December 3.
However, Edgar mentioned that batsman Aaron Redmond , who has also earned a recall in the Test squad, was selected as injury cover for Williamson based on the volume of runs he had scored.
The report mentioned that Redmond has played seven Tests, the last in the 2008 season, and although he averages 23 with a highest score of 83 in Tests, he has been showing a consistent performance in the first-class scene in recent years.
New Zealand squad: Brendon McCullum (captain), Corey Anderson, Trent Boult, Doug Bracewell, Peter Fulton, Redmond, Hamish Rutherford, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Neil Wagner, BJ Watling, Williamson.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog