Kaneria given clean chit on fixing by Essex coach, colleague
Karachi: Former Pakistan captain Rashid Latif on Sunday released statements from Essex coach Paul Grayson and player Tom Westley`s that rule out the fact that leg-spinner Danish Kaneria tried to coax them into spot fixing.
According to The Dawn, the statements of Grayson and Westley, were part of the disciplinary proceedings instituted against Kaneria by the England and Wales Cricket Board last year that led to his life ban from playing the sport in the United Kingdom.
However, the statements released by Rashid showed that Grayson and Westley had only good words to say about the Pakistani cricketer and that he always performed for Essex, the report said.
Latif on Sunday said he would soon be disclosing details of more documents relating to Kaneria`s case, which would further raise questions whether the leg-spinner had got justice from the ECB, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan