Kaneria given clean chit on fixing by Essex coach, colleague
Karachi: Former Pakistan captain Rashid Latif on Sunday released statements from Essex coach Paul Grayson and player Tom Westley`s that rule out the fact that leg-spinner Danish Kaneria tried to coax them into spot fixing.
According to The Dawn, the statements of Grayson and Westley, were part of the disciplinary proceedings instituted against Kaneria by the England and Wales Cricket Board last year that led to his life ban from playing the sport in the United Kingdom.
However, the statements released by Rashid showed that Grayson and Westley had only good words to say about the Pakistani cricketer and that he always performed for Essex, the report said.
Latif on Sunday said he would soon be disclosing details of more documents relating to Kaneria`s case, which would further raise questions whether the leg-spinner had got justice from the ECB, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon