Kaneria given clean chit on fixing by Essex coach, colleague
Karachi: Former Pakistan captain Rashid Latif on Sunday released statements from Essex coach Paul Grayson and player Tom Westley`s that rule out the fact that leg-spinner Danish Kaneria tried to coax them into spot fixing.
According to The Dawn, the statements of Grayson and Westley, were part of the disciplinary proceedings instituted against Kaneria by the England and Wales Cricket Board last year that led to his life ban from playing the sport in the United Kingdom.
However, the statements released by Rashid showed that Grayson and Westley had only good words to say about the Pakistani cricketer and that he always performed for Essex, the report said.
Latif on Sunday said he would soon be disclosing details of more documents relating to Kaneria`s case, which would further raise questions whether the leg-spinner had got justice from the ECB, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical