Kaneria’s effort to clear his name from fixing suffers another blow
Karachi: Danish Kaneria’s effort to clear his name of wrongdoings was dealt another blow after the leg-spinner and Karachi Zebras’ captain Hasan Raza in the recently concluded Super Eight T20 Cup, came under suspicion for throwing their must-win match against the Peshawar Panthers.
Panthers won the match by 31 runs and progressed at the expense of the Zebras on better run-rate.
Kaneria limped off the field after bowling just four balls – where he conceded 11 runs – after experiencing a side strain.
Raza, meanwhile, was dismissed for just one and went into the dressing room instead of sitting in the dug-out with the rest of the team, a leading Pakistani daily reports.
Kaneria, however, has hit back at claims that the Karachi City Cricket Association (KCCA) will be reviewing the players’ performance in that match.
“Firstly, the KCCA should be questioned as to why I was removed from captaincy despite leading the team well,” said Kaneria.
“Secondly, if the team has not done well, then the captain, coach and manager should be asked about it. I’ve always given my 100% while playing for Karachi and it really hurts when senior KCCA officials doubt my commitment,” he said.
Kaneria added that he was already fighting allegations of spot-fixing and this was making it all the more difficult for him to clear his name.
Meanwhile, a senior KCCA official confirmed that the association will review video footage of the match before reaching any conclusion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing